Saturday, August 29, 2009

Small Town Anniversary

We moved here on Fair weekend 7 years ago. Lots of sticky, hot, and messy memories of that move. It was a hard one.

I didn't know how to live in a small town.

I cried and cried.

That Saturday, as I took things out of boxes, I looked out my Main Street home's window and saw many little Grandmas all lined up on the side of the highway.

Grandmas sitting on the Highway? Why would a small town do that?

I didn't realize at the time, not until 5:45 pm that night that it was just the Fair Parade...the Mammoth parade. Still makes me laugh...the Grandmas...

Anyway, this parade is too important to leave out of the story. It rocks.

The mega load of candy pours down on them...
Tanks, tractors, painted cows, chocolate milk trucks, dancing kids, derby cars (all mashed up), and every princess of every small town for 100 miles. Priceless.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...