Friday, July 4, 2014

Farmer's Market - the open house


Open House Saturday


I am so happy you are here...Come on in! 

_________________________


 *Our Farmer's Market | Summer Workshop*

This spunky summer workshop is not just fresh inspiration for our creative minds, 
it is a lick-the-goodness off our fingers kind of class, too...

Oh, yes...Yum!

little markets | Rome, Italy

In anticipation of the markets we are visiting this morning, I have planned ahead and 
grabbed an extra bag for the both of us.  Just toss in your sketchbook and camera and 
let’s be off!




It is always fun to see what each market has to offer. Can I introduce you to a local one I love?



market inspirations || video 


Dream big, dare greatly, and shine brightly

When we step into these inspirational adventures, like a Farmer's Market, our "brave" muscles grow and our art rewards us with beautiful treasures. Pick a few weekends this summer to experience a hometown market. And please share with us what you find!

*Make sure to jump into our facebook group the first day of class*

__________________________


Let's have a sneaky peek into our classroom...

Yes, deliciousness & goodness from our summer sketchbooks 
and kitchen counters right now: 


 In this class I will show you how to get the most out of your inspired mornings. We will talk about summer sketching and photography tips, ideas for art journaling, tasting and preparing beautiful recipes/menus with our watercolors, and capturing wonderful stories in our sketchbooks (to last us all year long).  We will also have a simple daily study/practice that will make you smile and your sketching muscles grow!  Our projects will be a fresh mix of acrylics, watercolors, pen and ink, and collage...you will have every opportunity to choose your mediums.  That is the best part of these kinds of classes...you can choose.


I haven't even shared the other half of class...it is sooo yummerlishous!
  
Honestly, it is pure artistry to watch Rhetta (our visiting artist) create food...
you will adore every dish.  So much love, attention, and thought goes into her work. She has a beautiful way of sharing, I know you will be enthralled.  I am!  

I am excited to learn alongside you, too!



_______________________


Here are our delicious offerings today (and make sure you get seconds).  I love it when Rhetta 
makes all the food for my Open House weekends, it smells and tastes so good!
"I get so distracted by all the wonderful things in my yard this time of year. I love taking a snack outside with me but I need something that will happily wait for me while I pull a few weeds, set a sprinkler, and watch the baby quail dart around the rhubarb. What can I take out in the garden in a bowl with a spoon?
It's summer time in the garden and my yard is full of rich aromatic berries...strawberries, raspberries, blackberries. A big mound of fresh buttermilk biscuit dough is on my counter getting cut into fat rounds of heavenly shortcakes and I'm dusting the tops with extra sugar to make it crunchy! A quick filling of ricotta (shall we learn to make our own this summer?) mixed with thick yogurt, lemon zest, and a drizzle of honey is all we need to sandwich our shortcakes together. Let's smash some of our berries with fresh mint and powdered sugar to draw their juices out and pour that on top of our shortcakes. Can you see how the juices soak into the shortcakes? Mmmmmm.... 
It warms up fast outside so I'm filling big glasses with frozen lemonade ice cubes and pouring iced black tea on top. Simple syrup is a great way to sweeten tea and there are nice glass bottles of mint and lemon syrups waiting for each of you to add as much or as little as you like. I have fresh mint sprigs and cute paper straws to use, too, just like grandma's house. 
Our extra biscuit dough is being saved for tonight's picnic dinner. We're going to tuck little marshmallows and chocolate chips in the middle and bake them into bite size s'mores balls. We can bake them this morning while our oven is hot then toss them into foil and put them on the grill to warm them back up. Feeling gutsy? Drizzle those balls with melted butter and roll them in graham cracker crumbs for the full s'more experience! 
Bring your bowl and spoon and I'll see you on the back steps!"
                                                                -Rhetta

Yes...If you think this sounds good, wait until you see the deliciousness prepared right before your eyes.  I will even sample them for you, too!  (the best part, yum)

Food as Art. 
Art as Food. 





A little welcome project  || video



__________________________



  If you want to join in on the fun this month, please do!  
All summer workshops are yours to keep - no time limits. 
This class will be open all year long and is loaded with 
yummy & meaningful projects.


Class begins Tuesday, July 15


Part of the uniqueness of my courses is also the teacher involvement.  I am here for you!  Springtime is always busy with sheep and family, but summertime is meant for sharing art.  I will be available in our online facebook community every day during class this July and by email.   You are the most important part of this class and I love to see your fresh art. 



 Here's to us...

To our fresh summer class...
and 
to all the food & art we will create
and share together!


love & gesso 
(and lots of prosecco)

Junelle






Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...