Friday, March 23, 2012

hold onto spring

"Just living is not enough...one must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower." 
                                                                                                        -Hans Christian Anderson

I am hearing and seeing so many around me in places of growth and uncertain changes.  

Friends in new relationships, homes changing hands, a son finishing high school and looking into his future, lovely art students growing exponentially in their creative aspirations, colleagues focusing on changes and wondering if it is the right time, and the little lambs standing on their shaky-new-legs as they peer out into a green meadow.  Movement and change.  Transitional growth that doesn't hold still -- where things seem great one minute and uncertainty arrives in the next breath.   

Where am I going?
Am I supposed to be doing this?
Is now the time? 
Should I?  

"Faithfulness springs up from the ground, and righteousness looks down from the sky."
                                                                                                    -Psalms 85:11

The only answer I have is in God's creation~  a surefooted spring.  

I know what has come before, after a long winter hibernation, that the green growth comes.  Regardless of a foot of late snow, fierce storms, freezing rain, or just my lack of attention in the garden...the green growth comes.  

Growth means stretching and building, an upward trajectory, a pushing of inward and outward movement and impending changes.  It can be frightening or like a beautiful spring/summer bloom it can be magical.  One moment it is just a bud and in the next a bloom appears~ a divine moment!   

I love that.  I can hold onto that.    

Do you want to hold onto that too?


In His Spring loving hands,
jj




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...