Monday, January 2, 2012

finding center

Finding center.

This time of year leaves me a bit off kilter.  How about you?

The holiday's deliciousness of colors, activities, foods have made their way to my heart (and hips!) and I am a bit tearful putting away the last sparkling things.  I suppose it is just this way the older you get and the more memories you have?


The holiday-afters are unique in their bittersweet gifts, aren't they.

A new look at life as the year begins.  A letting go and grabbing hold of what it is God is gifting.  Are you feeling this too?  Too full and still hungry?  A new page, chapter, or a brand new book in life to open, but haven't yet?  An anticipatory excitement for what is coming -- but deeply quiet, too?

I don't know what it is, but it seems to cover this time of transition every year.


I guess I am a bit tender-hearted this week -- overwhelmed by God's goodness, feeling that holy anticipation of newness, open-hearted to what I am experiencing.  All of it brings me to my knees.

Holding last years treasures close to my heart one more time...and getting ready to turn that next page.  Perhaps I just needed the extra day to find my center~

I am thinking of you my sweet friends, hoping you have found yourself centered (lol) and excited for this new year!  It is going to be good~ 


In His grace & peace,
jj
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...