Thursday, December 8, 2011

ponytail & sweats day

a pic from the 12 artsy ornaments class today!  
the artist projects have been so different and fun~

These past few weeks have been a whirl~  
(it is time for a ponytail in my hair and some sweatpants today!) 

I don't know if you knew this about me, but I tend to do too much (I really like living my life in overly abundant ways). I am sure it stems from an artist's heart ~ riding the waves of inspiration and creation until I can't move.  Then it is time to sit still, rest, catch my breath.

Breathe in.  Breathe out.  

Do you do this too?  :)

The classes I signed up for this past fall are just ending.  Finals are this week and next ~ this means I have spent hours in a workshop creating all kinds of messes.  Yes, and I will be spending hours more~ 

I feel a bit like a Christmas elf...
     

My sweet classmate Robert working on his kinetic sculpture of geese.  Each is unique and in the end they should independently move their heads ~ he always pulls his projects together in great style. I can't wait to see the final result. He was a dentist for years and then fell in love with art~ he is gifted.


 Here are my piles of messy rust, barn wood, and tools.  I am in process~ meaning I spend a great deal of time staring and sketching, both are very important to the creative process~  (chocolate also helps right now, too!)

My two final projects are: sculptures of rudimentary artist tools in a barn wood box and a kinetic sculpture made from a barn post and metal findings from my little stone house.  Oh my~


 Our huge and inspiring workshop is filled with beautiful creations in every form. It is nursery for birthing new ideas.  Sun filled windows, artists all busy at work, tools of every kind, and sawdust misting every surface.


I have loved this learning experience -- the art major students are a great encouragement to me, and the projects were so "bravery inducing".  I have never handled so many power tools and had such deadlines to meet!

If you have the opportunity to take classes from local artisans or local College Art Departments it can be a life changing experience.  I am a newly skilled & very brave artist because of it~

Perhaps it will go on your list of things to try next year?  


As for the next project on my list...We are going to do some home/holiday sketches here on my blog!
You with me???


love and lambs,
and splinters and paint, 


jj
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...