Monday, March 1, 2010

finding help (or help finds me)

Finding a way along the path...in Park Guell ~ Barcelona, Spain

I love it.  I don't know how it works, but it happens enough to make me laugh out loud.

This is how it works:  I need help.  I don't know how to do something.  I mess around with it for days.  I get super frustrated, "Oh, I can do it!"  Then I give up...I finally ask for help...I write it, I speak it, I pray it...and guess what?

Help happens. 

You know how that is?  Frustration we keep to ourselves and fret over?  Well, sometimes we just need to speak the need (ask the question, raise your hand, yell to the heavens) and then it happens.  The teacher shows up.

Divine appointments, serendipitous conversations, happenstance meetings, blog wandering ~ whatever you want to call it.  I am a believer. A big believer in asking for help and then seeing what God will do.

I love that it can happen with the little things in our lives as well as the big things.

Take this seemingly insignificant irritation (and love)...blogging.  I need help.  I spoke my need this weekend, and this morning the first two blogs I looked at answered all my questions and gave me renewed hope and relief.

Ann (click on her name), always states truth in the most life-infusing way and even in convicting  posts like this one, it comes across in a helpful and healthy way.  We all seek validation, acceptance and love (even in our blogging)...where is the real source for that love? How can our needs be met?

and Marta, a lovely Idahoan has put together a week of blog help...how about that for perfect timing?

Thank you LORD for all you give, you are the giver of all good gifts and I am so grateful! 
jj

Take a minute to speak ~ write out ~ pray ~ yell to the heavens ~ your need...
I can't wait to hear what God will do in your life!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...