Monday, August 24, 2009

Starting here -->

A stiff and very forced "please look at me"
...then what they really wanted to do.
Each boy in turn marches off to school...
Every school year is different, and this one is so much so. I am grateful that DH was home this morning to experience this day. Because of work hours, this Dad often misses the milestone mornings. This day was a gift to all of us - the little boys and I loved him walking us all to school. Sweet.

Hard to believe that *this year* is finally here. A huge personal Godsend.

I think I am burned out on babies. Don't get me wrong, I love them all. I don't regret a minute of mothering, a second of it -- but I am done with that part. Cooked.

We have always had a child at home, always. It has been 21 years since I have been home alone (without a baby, toddler, preschooler, part time kindergartner). I knew the day would come, in anticipation of it for quite some time, and I am thrilled it is here - right now. Yes!

New life...a new day...a new beginning for a girl/mom/wife like me.

I think this will be so good.
jj
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...