Friday, November 16, 2018

Wild & Sweet Workshop | open house week



Holiday Open House Week

a bitty look at our brand new holiday workshop


Join today, instantly available!
Online Holiday Workshop...Wild & Sweet


It is yours to keep. Open all year long and packed with inspiration!  
So many silly sketches and simple ways to paint your holidays!


*     *     *

 I heard the bells on Christmas Day
Their old familiar carols play
And Wild and Sweet the words repeat
Of peace on earth goodwill to men...



Welcome to our (online) Holiday Open House
  

I love spending the holidays with you! 

We have a house full today, leave your coat at the door, you will want to come inside and see who is here.  If you are like me, you may want to stay on in the kitchen, the good stuff is happening in there.    
I am baking some of my sisters cookies, it smells like heaven's bakery! I have also set up a full bar: cocoas, coffees, and teas. You are also welcome to the mulled wine (a Swedish recipe and a keeper - details to come!)

The snow is softly falling, the lights are twinkling, the music is playing our favorite holiday songs.   

I hope you will sit with me. Tell me all about your year, your holiday plans, your family, your sweet heart...I hoped we would have time to catch up!  (please do share in our new facebook group or email, I would love to hear from you!)


*     *     *



My sister and I have teamed up again this winter for a culinary and artistic mix of holiday pairings.

Yes, delicious food and playful art...what could be more fun?  

Everyone loves deliciousness.  We crave our holiday favorites and my sister, Rhetta, has a new take on savories and sweets you will love.  Crisps & cookies all ready for your kitchen studio -- and super giftable too!

Do you remember her holiday biscotti from our last holiday workshop?  My annual favorite!


gift idea:  a gorgeous watercolor, wine & cheese

gift idea: a lovely hand-painted Italian wreath & cutting board

 *     *     *



Open House Watercolor Video:

I also have a little project for you.  We usually get our sketching starting in our open house...I decided to do something a bit colorful and whimsical on watercolor paper.  I hope you enjoy and try it yourself!

Open House video & wreaths

helpful tips: 

Change up the colors to fit your palette for the season -- fall, holiday, winter
Use them for place settings, a note to a friend, as a teacher gift (with a box of treats), neighbor gifts.
  
Use any watercolor paper and adhere your little wreath to a card (double sided tape).
Paint a larger version and frame it for a friend or your own home and heart.

My card is from Paper Source, the link HERE.





The holiday weeks are busy and I know how overwhelmed I can get.  I am making a promise to myself to slow down each night with a little project of my own, something to calm and nurture my own heart.  It isn't a grand plan to fix the hectic blur...but I know it helps me and gifts me with art I love during the holidays.  

I think of it as a precious gift to myself...and to others.  Join me? 


 gift idea:  a whimsical baking watercolor 
and gingerbread cookies

gift idea:  a gorgeous garland bookmark & leather journal


holiday card idea...just wait and see!



Our workshop is made to support your art style.  You will be able to freely access any project and recipe at anytime, with all the supporting videos, notes and sketches.  If you feel better about going along with me, as I build on technique...that is available as well.  Just take each project one at a time.

Along with dozens and dozens of sketching ideas -- to curl up with by the fire (or your favorite BBC show) -- we have:

snow-glittered donuts
fresh cut wreaths & garlands 
holiday inspired cards

favorite farmhouse recipes
savories & sweets
(my sister is joining us a guest chef!)

Christmas tree primer
a merry little tree farm - block art 

saint lucia
candles, ribbons & sparkling bows

sheep in the kitchen
geese in the garlands

...and all of our favorite 
woodland creatures (before their winter naps)





  *     *     *

 Wild & Sweet 
Online Holiday Workshop

***

simple and sweet -- and FULL of Christmas goodies
An amazing price for so many projects and ideas!

$42 
*instantly available*





 I heard the bells on Christmas Day
Their old familiar carols play
And Wild and Sweet the words repeat
Of peace on earth goodwill to men...


Our workshop is also based on the hauntingly beautiful lyrics of this classic song.  Longfellow was in the midst of heartbreak and hardship when these words spilled out of him...broken and hope filled.  I love the way it touches our bittersweet feelings of the season.  It pulls us right in.   

For those with tender hearts this holiday...

We miss...we ache...we cry.

And, we hope...we love...

and we will find joy 
(it just happens, I promise)


 I think we should embrace the holidays in a warm hug...together.  

What do you think?  

I adore you.  I can't wait to see what you create this season.  

Much love, 
Junelle









Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...