Tuesday, October 15, 2013

harvest party (the art of goodness workshop)



Open House Week 
(a special week...to introduce you to the fall & holiday workshop!)

__________________________________________


   If you want to join our Art of Goodness Online Workshop, please do!  
It is open all year and is packed with inspiration, loads of projects, and messy fun.  




Hello friends, come on in!  

I absolutely love having you here, you are my favorite and I have been hoping you would come!  
It is true, my boys are amazed at how excited I get about an online open house. I can't help it, all of my favorite artists in one place?  Magical~

It has been a cold mix of autumn sun/rain/snow, so come on in and snuggle up. I have a fire going and you are welcome to stay as long as you want.  

This week, I am opening my online studio to you, answering questions, and giving you a jumping off point for our fall workshop. Sound good? 


a little shop at Gardner Village, Utah
Nope, that is not my studio - but I am thinking it would make a cute one!

__________________________________________


I have been thinking of you.  I can't help but think of your creative life as I sketch out projects and decide what words and images to include. It is a huge gift to combine our art adventures and to see what will happen.  I am always amazed at the things you come up with!  If you haven't taken a class with me before, just know I treasure your heart's sketches.  

YOU are the most important part of this class!  



Do you have your sketchbook ready for next week?   

Well, I have been preparing, I just picked up a huge basketful! 



Our fall & holiday workshop is hosted and lovingly organized by Christy Tomlinson.  It will open on Tuesday, October 22, and she will email you an invitation with a special password on that day.  If you have taken her classes before, you know she does an amazing job of making classrooms simple to navigate.  Projects are easy to find, create, and finish (I do love her online classrooms!). 

We will also have an online sharing community - this is one of the favorite parts of class for past students.  I will set up a facebook group page that will provide you with a safe and easy way to share your work, creative thoughts, questions and encouraging words.  It is also a great place to find a mix of new friends.  Please join us if you feel comfortable doing so!    

For those that like to use Instagram, just add this #artofgoodness to your images.  And if you need me, I will be available throughout class (and all season long) on facebook and by email: me.junelle@gmail.com     


__________________________________________




I am Junelle Jacobsen and I currently live in a small town in the Manti LaSal mountains in the state of Utah, USA.  It is quite rural, very seasonal, and I am surrounded by some beautiful pioneer homes, fields and farms.  There are many turkey, cattle, and sheep farms.  Deer and elk are our winter friends and these mountains are known for their mountain lions and bears (I know, yikes!).  

a photo of my home from 1900
This is my home.  We live in an old house built in the late 1800's.  Isn't she sweet?  I love her character and charm and all the stories that her old walls hold.  My husband is grateful we found this photo well after our remodel, I would have asked for a great deal more work!  

Looking out my kitchen window

My husband and I have been married for 24 years, we moved a great deal for school, and have raised four sons (and have been raised by them in the process). The oldest two are in college, one is a high school freshman and the other is finishing elementary school.  Our oldest, an adorable, silly, animal loving girl named Hillary Hope, our only daughter, passed away and awaits us in heaven.    

Living in this small town has humbled me, I live here with a much softer heart.  I pray to be fueled with God's love and see with hungry eyes the beauty and holy in everything.  Every place I have ever lived has been a gift, and this quiet little town is a gifting every day.

As my family has grown older, I stepped into my love of photography and art with my whole heart.  I began taking as many creatively-edgy classes as I could find.  And then confidently jumped into a successful, all-year-long business of photography.  I am also creating/pursuing my own wild-art classes and events. (Getting older really is fun!)    

____________________________________________________

But it is here, it the quiet open fields, that I learned to passionately step into God's daily adventures.   


And this is where, on one of those wild adventures, He led me right into the blessed barnyard and into the messy sheep...

Hello messy baby   
(But that is another story...)
____________________________________________________

Right now, this week, they are all home for quick shear (and a hug + kiss), and then they roll out to the lush green desert.  It is much nicer during the winter in Las Vegas (and yes, their version of Las Vegas is very different than ours).  I miss them terribly when they are away, they are my friends.  

Here is just a peek into what my (other life) looks like...


  

I think it is brilliant to have a variety of interests, it makes daily life so colorful, never time to be bored.  I treasure every dirt path God has walked me down and hope to always be ready for the next one!   

Do you feel the same pull?  
Are you ready?  

Would you like to jump into a new adventure, too?


_____________________________
  

My amazing sister gave me this delicious Open House menu...I can smell the gingersnaps, yum!

Thank you - Rhetta McIff    xo



________________________



Can I show you some of the projects we are working on in my studio?  They are all based on simple sketches we will do together...and then we jump into a whimsical mix of all kinds of mediums!

Here is my oh-so-very-cheery introduction~ 



We will playfully work our way through watercolors, pen & ink, art journaling, and painting on wood blocks (yes, a favorite!)  And, we will get to try out the softest wool, too.  I personally love to have a piece of handiwork (embroidery, quilting, stitchery) to keep my fingers warm and busy.  I will show you how to move your sketches into any stitching project. 
  
We will be creating art we love (from our very own fingers), making practical and beautiful works to grace our homes and gift our friends/family.  Almost every project we make is giftable!  Just think of it...beautiful art from your sweet heart, all ready for the Christmas holidays.  

Here are a few of the things I wanted to show you...

Loads of autumn art...looove...

Art journals and soft woolies...to make and to gift...


Blessing boards filled with goodness...


Gingerbread House art...with the recipe, too...


Gingerbread art all wrapped up for a gift...just add sprinkles. 



Holiday Cards...we will have LOADS of sketchy ideas for the most simple and sweet cards.


And of course, art journal entries to add to your sparkling season! 

Christy Tomlinson is also creating some special art for this class too...YES!!!

As with all of Christy's classes, the class supply lists will be available (usually with a class coupon) the first day of class.  She wants to make sure you don't waste money on things you may not use.  I support her policy for this shared class, too.  

However, this is my basic list for any class I teach, you are welcome to gather these items, and you will be ready...I promise!  


**Christy is stocking my favorites in her shop this week*** 



Class begins in a week.  I hope you will find yourself wrapped in inspiration and a cozy blanket.  I am honored to have you as a friend and I am hopeful that the time we have together will be a great blessing to us.  I believe in you.  I believe that you are a beautiful artist with something meaningful to share.  I will be thinking of you and praying over our time together (that is what nuns-in disguise do).    
xo
____________________________________________________



But right now, I have to find my thick socks.  My boots are by the door.  Farmer called and I have to help move sheep right now.   I will be right back...will you save me a cookie?  




I do so hope you will join me!  



 










26 comments:

  1. So grateful to be here! Thankful for the warmth of your welcome. Can't wait to dig in! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your ever-encouraging spirit is such a gift to us all. Your autumn class looks OH-SO-YUMMY! Thank you for all your hard work getting ready for this delightful adventure... and thanks to you and dearest Christy for inviting us all to join in. I'm all paid up and can't wait for the fun to begin. Sending big autumny hugs your way!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for a warm and welcoming open house....the food was delicious! The art projects look fabulous; I cannot wait to start! As always, Junelle, your words are inspiring and uplifting and your art makes my heart flutter. Thank you for what looks to be another amazing class.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my word...I cannot wait! I cannot even believe I cried during your "sheepy" video. Guessing it means my heart is soft and willing to received what you and Christy have to share. Thank you for doing this, Junelle...it's gonna be awesome! <3 Toni

    ReplyDelete
  5. All the art looks beautiful! And thanks for inviting the sheep, my 2 year old loved them so much he asked to watch them over and over :). Thank you for a wonderful open house and I am looking forward to joining you next week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Junelle... the goodness, the goodness... It all sounds and looks like a yummy recipe for a prolonged pajama party!! I'm coming over :)) xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sooooo excited it's almost class time!!! You have shared so much goodness here, a warm and cozy open house indeed. It will feel like Christmas Eve all week, thanks for these amazing peeks and video. Will be doing a HAPPY DANCE the rest of the week, I actually do want time to fly this week!!
    Thank you so much for sharing this time of year with us, fall is my absolute FAVORITE! Christmas will be Merry because of YOU!!

    Thank you Christy for joining us too! Her comments aren't working but excited to see her here too!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. If you haven't taken one of Junelle's classes, I encourage you to do so. You will be blessed, I promise. Also, please, please, please consider joining the FaceBook page that she'll set up. This is such a good, safe environment where friendships are made, our art is celebrated and encouraged, and so much goodness happens. We're excited to have new friends join, we want to encourage you on your artsy journey. xoxo Cat (Who can't sign remember how to sign into her Google account so is posting as anonymous) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Figured another way to be me!

      Delete
  9. Oh Junelle! I'm so excited to be here. Fall is my favorite time of year and not just because my birthday is in October! ;) I'm already feeling blessed by this class and can't wait for this next phase of our artsy journey to begin. So thrilled to be traveling with my sisters again, love you all! xoxo Cat

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am once again amazed at how you can make me feel so comfortable and warm and comfy cozy, all virtually....you really have a gift (well, several of them, actually). Totally enjoying the open house (will read/view several times) and can't wait for class! On the day class opens, I will be practically driving by your place, as we are in Washington right now and will be headed back to Missouri right before class starts.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful open house, Junelle! I feel like I was welcomed right into your home...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for the lovely open house, I felt very welcome :-)
    Looking forward to next week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The faces of the sheep have melted my heart...Lisa.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for this lovely introduction. The sheep are so adorable. Waiting to learn and do these projects with you.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  15. This looks awesome Junelle ~ thank you so much. You are a blessing to so many, myself included!

    ReplyDelete
  16. sweet friend i love love love you. you nun in disguise.;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just had to stop by again, I love it here so much <3 I treasure you lady <3

    ReplyDelete
  18. It has been a long time since I've picked up my paint brushes and my art journals so I am looking forward to this class...even though it scares the crap out of me...lol

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm so excited for this workshop Junelle and enjoyed the open house very much!
    There's so much I want to learn and I look forward to meeting new friends. Must admit; I'm a little scared like Roberta! :)
    Thanks for the gingersnaps and snickerdoodles! haha Lea

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your Godly spirit, love your artful simplicity and welcoming heart and voice...Christy too!
    Thank you for taking the time...so look forward to it...my true therapy ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Loved the open house last night after a trying week. Thank you! Super excited for the workshop--my first time in your class, after having just discovered you in Somerset Workshop--God inspired! Question about supplies--I have some Faber Castell Gelatos that I haven't used yet. Would they be equivalent to the NeoColor crayons, or should I play with both? ;-)
    God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm so blessed to get to join in on your new class, Junelle. Sure enjoyed your welcome letter, photos and videos (love, love the sheep!!!)! So very excited to begin!!! Thank you for letting the Lord use you in such an incredibly encouraging, inspiring way to us all. Love! t.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I am so excited to begin this journey with you and everyone else! This is new for me but just what I need to get the Holidays started! Blessings to you and thank you for a very fun Open House!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Junelle,

    I just signed up (and paid) for this class yesterday! I'm hoping to jump in this weekend. I received notification that my payment has been received, however, haven't gotten any class information (site & password) yet. Are you guys signing up new people once a week?

    Thanks,

    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  25. So excited about this class. Can't wait to learn some new techniques from you. I love your style and want to learn how to incorporate a bit of your style into my work. Just signed up yesterday and looking forward to getting the sign in info (I know I need to wait up to 72 hours). :) Thanks for this class.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...