Wednesday, May 29, 2013

In this moment


In the moments when summer is waking up...


I find I am in shock this early summer.  How can it be that all of this life is coming out of the bareness, the drab, the cold scratchiness of winter?  Did I not believe it would happen?  Did I forget last year?  I stood by the kitchen sink this morning, with summer-wonder spinning in my head, asking my son,

"Can you see what just happened?  Can you believe this tree is so leafing so green?"


I suppose I should remember this, logically it is no different than how the sun daily rises and the rain comes every spring, but there is something so radical about how life grows out of warmth, a good watering, and sunshine.  Vibrant and verdant where only weeks ago it was cold, empty, and bleak.

I guess I needed to really feel it.  Hold it, understand and feel the gifts of God's lavish green-goodness and warmed-up-mercy...in my bones, on my skin, in my heart...
(Sometimes winters last too long?)

Yes, I nod...

Open and unfold.  

See with eyes and arms wide.
   
Wake up to the waking up.    


10 
My beloved spoke and said to me,
    “Arise, my darling,
    my beautiful one, come with me.
11 
See! The winter is past;
    the rains are over and gone.
12 
Flowers appear on the earth;
    the season of singing has come,
the cooing of doves
    is heard in our land.
13 
The fig tree forms its early fruit;
    the blossoming vines spread their fragrance.
Arise, come, my darling;
    my beautiful one, come with me.”


Song of Songs 2:10 NIV



In awe and in love,
in this moment,

jj
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...