Tuesday, January 22, 2013

thinking of you


This is the time of year when the world is frosted in white.  For a girl who loves gesso and lambs, it is quite the gift!  A wash of newness - awash with possibilities. Like a box of  unwrapped canvases or the first crisp pages of new books.  You know that feeling?  A fresh start.

I have been away.  Not a long trip away, but a bitty retreat of my own:  hair pulled up, thick sweat shirts, and a notebook in hand.  I don't know about you but I have to step away sometimes in order to see (Quite literally - And now I learn I really do need glasses!)  It is the time I need to pour out, dig-deep and see anew. Anyone else feel that way?

Amen?  


With the quiet beauty of a white world, I am putting together all kinds of colorful projects.  Some art is simply for me, cathartic, honest and goofy.  A perfect mix!  Many ideas are being sorted into piles of projects I want to do with YOU this year.  A whole pile of new WILD ART.  And some of the fun is being filmed for an upcoming class this spring ~ little spring lambs of course!

It is good to sit with messy hands of paint, a list of ideas, and a calendar of hope-filled days, dreaming big!
Are you doing the same?


Many lovely opportunities are coming up soon.  I have been on the phone and emailing with several people that want to come HERE for a summertime/autumn workshop.  What?  Really?  Here?

There are special plans to be made to meet friends in NYC (Yes Joan, let's just do it! xo).  

A fabulous retreat is planned for the Spring just outside of Chicago.  I will be teaching and meeting new art friends ~ my favorite! I have been planning my workshop for this event and it just gets more playful and fun each day.  I have boxes of sweet and silly to bring and share.  It is at the Abbey Resort on Lake Geneva, Wisconsin.  You should come with me!  I am giving up a week of lambing for this artsy event -- so you know it is special!!!


And in a couple of weeks, a bitty trip to the coast. Oh, I need it!
Have you taken an artist date lately?  

Well, I have one planned for us.  I would love to have a *Wild Artist Date* with any girls that can meet up.  Valerie Hebert, and I are choosing a day trip to the coast (Laguna Beach most likely). It is the perfect mid-winter treat!  We will plan on Tuesday, February 5 for an relaxing day of art, food and silliness.  It is an open invitation!  I will post the details later this week ~


Why not give yourself the gift of a fresh page today?

Flip open that calendar and choose to see a new adventure. Artist dates away from your studio, your schedule, and your life are important to your creative heart. We all need fresh eyes to see!

Perhaps it will be a new class?  I always keep a list of classes I want to take. Christy T. just posted her gorgeous she-art offerings.  Beautiful!  I can't think of anything more fun than a calendar of classes.  
Maybe you want to adopt a puppy?  I know where you can find a cute litter!
Or this may just be the year you pick up guitar, a camera, or a job at a local farm (lambing?)  
The possibilities are endless~

This is the perfect time of year for dreaming and doing...I can't wait to see what you will choose!

Thinking of you~

xo
jj


26 comments:

  1. Oh, I wish I could attend one of these but with a daughter getting married in May we have no extra money. Maybe in 2014.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely to hear from you again. I too love this time of year. Reflecting, planning and doing. Your plans sound delicious and I so wish I could meet you at your coast retreat. However being so far away (Australia) makes it impossible just now. However, I am hoping and praying that sometime in the not to distant future I can make a little trip to the US and attend an artist retreat with you. Would love to sit and chat with a cup of tea and soak in your positivity and inspiring personality. Thanks again for sharing and encouraging my heart at this special time of year. xx Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh, how I have missed your sweet, uplifting blog posts...they...your words speak to my heart & nourish my soul....thank you, Junelle!

    My heart is aloft w/ art classes as well...so many wonderful online workshops being offered...w/ a nice list that I seem to keep adding to. :) Like you, I find, I need to step away, into the quiet, deep space of me....in order to hear & see.

    Enjoy your SoCali jaunt...Laguna Beach was just gorgeous & beautiful last Feb, perfect, really...sunshine to warm my face, the ocean breeze to cleanse my soul, pods of dolphins jumping to & fro, pelicans, starfish, watching my, then 13 1/2 yr old, son exploring the tide pools...literally, for hours, smiling happy faces & more....oh so magical & rejuvenating!

    Many blessings & safe travels! ~H♥~

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S. I would love to hear more about a workshop where you are.... ~H♥~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too! I would be soooo happy! Please remember me!

      Delete
  5. Oh Junelle, this is too exciting - heck, I'm gonna have to move to the States, lol! Would love to join you and Val for that February treat, sounds just so chilled, relaxing and fun ( could so do with that!). But most of all I'd LOVE to meet in NY - it's gotta happen this year! Right now I'm just practicing sketching on my iPad and it's a small revelation as I don't have to fear the paper (yes duh, still overcoming fear of "wasting" a piece of paper on a sketch that "might not work." So just practicing lots of fast sketches and it does wonders for me in reconnecting with a real sense of free alive flow... loving it!
    At the ready :-)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds so exciting. I wish I lived closer. You are going to one side of the country while I am on another. I really need to have an art getaway, but I never seem to have to opportunity.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome back. I have missed yours sweet lambs and your encouraging uplifting posts. Thanks for all yout do.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh Junelle...I ran and made a big ole mark on Feb. 5. Would love to meet up with you all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh so sweet to hear from you again! I always enjoy your blog posts so very much. Always inspiring!
    Thank you!! Happy winter~we've barely seen any of that pretty white stuff around here. =)
    ♥Kim

    ReplyDelete
  10. Junelle.... oh...I'd love to meet up with you & Valerie!!! You'd have two Valerie's for art, food and silliness! I am coming back from NY on the 4th. I may be a little jet laggy, but would be happy to drive down to meet you both! If you are in Manhattan Beach the rest of the week...I'd be happy to come that way as well.I'll keep a look out for your info post! I sooo want to meet you and give you a big hug! oh yea- and do art, eat and be silly!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so glad you are back! You know what I would love - a handwriting class from you. No one writes as beautiful as you :-)

    Hanna

    ReplyDelete
  12. Junelle, I have been looking for an art retreat for myself this year. I had come across yours in Lake Geneva! Exactly what I was looking for and I would so love to meet you. My only issue is that it is only 3 days! I am in Canada so it is a long way to go for only 3 days - if it were longer I would come in a flash. Tell me, what else is coming up!! I will watch for your posts
    PS. This is cathy from your WA1 and WA2 class!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lake Geneva is a gorgeous tourist destination! You would have tons to do there before or after the retreat! Plus, with spring finally upon us it will be a sight to be seen! I hope you will reconsider joining us!

      Delete
  13. It's good to know that you take those little breaks. I find them necessary myself, so am going on one in a couple of weeks. It only takes a few days to refresh! Looking forward to more Wild Art, Junelle.

    ReplyDelete
  14. DH & I are driving across Utah today, on 80 ....hopefully. Reminded me of you so had to come check in. So glad to see a new post! Your art is so inspiring, I'm eager to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love it when magic happens! I was just thinking how fun it would be to have an art date. =) If you don't mind a newbie, I'd love to join you. I live in Laguna Beach. If I can help in any way, just let me know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Chris~ Did you send me your email? Please do! me.junelle@gmail.com I am sending out info!!!

      Delete
  16. I am going to Lake Geneva to take your classes. I have been to the Abbey and it is a Great Spa. We spent a sisters weekend there 2 years ago and the spa is first class. If someone wants to come for longer Lake Geneva is a great resort town with lots of cute shops and places to eat.

    I cant wait for my Art Date! Something to make the Long Northern Winter go faster.
    Toni

    ReplyDelete
  17. I still LOVE that little face in the first pic!!! Priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Delighted to read your post and having taken your previous Wild Art classes, am delighted there might be another one :). Wishing you many happy and soul- filled things this year!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I signed up for Christy's SHEART3 class and can't wait for yours to start! I have had a really hard time with the audio on your videos in the past and wondered if Im the only one? I don't have that issue with any of Christy's classes. I'm sure you already have the video's taped, so I'm in hopes of being able to hear you better! I can follow the video but would love to just hear your sweet comments!
    Thanks Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  20. Missed you horribly. I too have had to take a break. I had someone teach me how to post a blog post on my daughters IPad rather quickly, it lets everyone know we are here without hours of editing and uploading, isn't as pretty- the pictures only upload at the end of the post.(frown) I am praying it is only a season. God continues to be faithful! It's all grace- yes and amen?! Smile.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the picture of the lamb.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...