Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Artist date


Artist date~

I am taking a bitty blog break (until Monday) to open my heart & eyes to wild-inspiration.  Don't be worried~ every artist needs this!  I love to take artist dates, it has become a necessary part of my healthy-artist-mind schedule (lol!).  I first learned about Artist Dates from Julia Cameron's early book, "The Artist's Way" and I was quickly committed.

This may be exactly what you need too!   


I will go with someone or by myself and find new light, life, and love everywhere I look (Obviously, I am not hard to please!)  I try to not be too controlling over the outcome and let myself be caught up in the childlike-wonder of what transpires.  Sometimes serious, sometimes playful, it really is fun to see where the adventure leads~


Usually I will walk or run these long dirt roads, visit local quilt shops, or take myself out to visit old barns and charming farmers markets. Often it seems I am left catching my breath~  

How about you?  Where do you visit for fresh inspiration?  

Thank you for your delicious and meaningful comments. I have poured over your thoughts on color and "body of work" and they have brought me greater understanding and even more questions!  I love it!!!

Please know you are loved and needed, 
this world is better, more colorful and alive because you are here!  

Seeing life from  
under His watchful wings,
jj


 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...