Thursday, October 13, 2011

simply sheep



I am enthralled with the sketches I have visited!  I am taking a more careful look today, and I have been blessed so much by your work that I have new ideas all over again!  The best kind of *creative* is when you can share abundantly and feel that abundance circle around -- this seems to be one of those blessed adventures.   Let's keep at it~


I picked up a new moleskin watercolor book to start keeping my sheep sketches in (I seem to have a fondness for woolly goodness).  Until now I have kept my watercolor sketches loose and ready to bind when I am ready, so this is a new thing.  It feels more organized.

The only real limitation I feel is the wetness of the page.  If your page touches another it will share its colors, but perhaps that will add to the overall feel.  I don't know.

I think I like both methods. Which do you prefer?
I think we should talk about books, pages, art-keeping this next week.  


What is a farm but a mute gospel?  
The chaff and the wheat, weeds and plants, blight, rain, insects, sun -- it is a sacred emblem from the first furrow of spring to the last stack which the snow of winter overtakes in the fields.     
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Still the pages are very simple.  Each little sketch is formed and found on the page before I know in my heart what it truly means to me.  This sheep trailer is my first attempt at a favorite interest of mine -- old sheep trailers.  I have one I own, and I treasure it.  I believe it will teach me many things as I paint it (in my little book) and share it this year.

Are you experiencing the same things with your sketches?  
Are you allowing the image to form or do the words come first?  

I have seen the things that matter most in your life are happening on your pages as well.  Knitting, kitties, blooms, ballet slippers, hands, treasures in your head and heart that are sending hopeful messages to your fingertips.  Delicious colors and words combined to bless you (and all of us in the mix!).

Please continue to share your sketches with me -- with us all?  


Much love & many lambs~

jj
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...