Thursday, July 21, 2011

a hungry heart


I am so glad to be back.  I have taken some time to re-group (do the laundry and check in with my commitments at home) and realized that my *emotional well* was so dry.  How did I let it get so low?

It happens.  As busy women, as creative girls, as good friends, we pour out.  It can happen slowly over time and we don't realize it.  It can happen quickly -- when we become exhausted after a big event or too many quick trips?  It can happen when we don't realize the importance of filling up our wells and just think we have to keep going on with the small reserves we have left?

I know that feeling.  I have done it too many times.

Forgetting to feed my hungry heart~ 


There is a better way. 

A little list:

Quietness.  Taking time each day for quiet time & space.  Sometimes it means I have to sneak out of the house when all the boys are home. Sometimes it means going on a speaking fast -- letting the quiet penetrate my heart.

Letting my prayerful heart seek God for sustenance.  Usually I don't even know what I need.  I just need~
"Please restore to me the joy of you, God.  Fill me up with the peace & joy you offer.  Help me to trust in your provision, to seek you first, to know that you desire my heart to be full of goodness and mercy.  You promise rest, rest in you. Cover me in your healing rest.  Amen."  
Filling music.  Letting spiritual food into my head and heart.  Yum.

Creating art. Stepping into that creative space is like "letting go" and being filled with new energy.  When it is to simply create...it is rest for my soul.  Do you feel that too?  

Walking with sheep -- seriously, what could be more helpful?

Doing the simple things:  sleeping, drinking more water, remembering to breathe, walking barefoot on the cool grass, painting tiny toenails (do you have a list of silly simple things too?)


What fills your hungry heart?  

I would love to hear~

grace & peace,
Yours,
jj


"Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”                             -Jesus





   
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...