Sunday, June 12, 2011

dear God~


"Dear God,’ she prayed, 


‘Let me be something every minute of every hour of my life. 


 Let me be gay; let me be sad.  


 Let me be cold; let me be warm.  


 Let me be hungry . . . have too much to eat.  
Let me be ragged or well dressed. 


    Let me be sincere–be deceitful.   
Let me be truthful; let me be a liar.  
Let me be honorable and let me sin. 


 Only let me be something every blessed minute.  

 

 And when I sleep, let me dream all the time 
so that not one little piece of living is ever lost.’”

                                                                             -“A Tree Grows in Brooklyn”  Betty Smith

A passionate yes and amen~

With love *overfilled* today,
jj

Thank you so much Joan for your huge and lovely hug on your blog this morning, here, I am still flooded with tears. And thank you Cindy for this meaning-rich quote for my Sunday posting.  Too blessed, too blessed...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...