(sweet lambs are from last spring right after a monster snow storm~ love them)I wrote earlier this week about getting ready for a messy situation. I have realized this about myself and this year I am just going to embrace it~ March is for messes. I am taking it as a bit of a silly challenge to myself...So I have listed a bunch of things I have in my notebook to work on, play with, try out, and learn from~
My messy list~
* paint with my fingers (all of them)
* try every medium of art I can ~ taking a class "the She Art Workshop" and planning on making a huge mess
* read "The hidden life of deer" (Pam's suggestion) and watching/document the new fawns (hopefully)
* bake some no-knead bread (yum)
* learn a couple of new Mexican soup recipes ~ jalapeños & cilantro addiction
* plant early greens ~ spinach, onions, beets, horseradish?
* run stairs & practice acupressure
* photograph an inner-city Iditarod - grocery carts & costumes are involved?
* put together a new product for my sweet Etsy shop - very excited about it...(sneak peek soon)
* get my wellies for the farm (i finally chose my blunnies)
* learn new cs5 techniques I have wanted to learn (3 new things)
* figure out how to work Vimeo & post a short video
* spend time with friends & encourage their creative work~
* pray daily for a heart to see God's creative work in action ~ show me Your glory!
* go on artist dates~ with a friend & alone
* practice my conversational Spanish for Spain (20 yr. anniversary)
Okay, sound like too much? Sound too benign or too difficult? I tried to include something from every aspect of my life and things I could include the family in, too. I can't wait to tell them what we are doing! (Ha!)
It is exciting to have my list posted and I am proud to be calendaring in the details. Just one day at a time. I needed a bit of structure to my grey days and this will do. This will do.
Do you have plans too? I hope so. Leave me a link to what you are doing and perhaps we can share in each others happy discoveries?
grace & peace from the barnyard of life,