Sunday, January 30, 2011

in the desert place


I lift up my eyes to the hills.
From where does my help come?



My help comes from the LORD, 
who made heaven and earth.



He will not let your foot be moved
He who keeps you will not slumber...



The LORD is your keeper;
the LORD is your shade on your right hand...



The LORD will keep you from all evil;
He will keep your life...


...The LORD will keep your going out and your coming in
 from this time forth and forevermore.  

psalm 121
* * *

I realized when my youngest son stood over a puddle of brackish mud in the driveway and was wondering what it was, that it was time to get away from all of this ice and snow.  We needed color in our lives, our son needed to remember what dirt looked like, and we all needed some high adventure (that was also low-tech).

So, we took a little expedition to the desert~

I can't think of any place I love more in the winter than a dose of the desert.  It is healing to winter worn bodies. It is restful to the spirit.  It brings *hope* to a heart longing for spring.  It was a much needed change and it was good - warm and yummy and good.

Do you have a desert place, too?  Where would you choose to go?  

My thoughts and prayers this weekend are for those needing a respite, too.
May God bring you to a place of goodness this week~

Grace and Peace,
jj

(the photos are of a hike in Leeds, Utah)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...