Tuesday, October 19, 2010

"happiness...not in another place but this place, not for another hour but this hour"

Thick and wispy clouds were draped across the valley this morning.  

I dressed and blessed my little ones off to school,  pulled on my warm hoody and grabbed my camera (and tripod for shaky-cold fingers).  Heading out in the fields the clouds were ribboned around the green leaving pockets of open areas and then dense fog.  It was gorgeous. The huge cottonwood tree was barely in focus, but the sheep were all in the open field~ just waiting for the sun to warm them up.

 As I got out of my car, this sweet thing met me with a messy face and back and a droopy face.  I thought (and still think) she may have had trouble last night in the fields (dogs or coyotes).  Luis tells me this is grandma (a matriarch of the the guard dog clan).  This is an early morning portrait~

(Once Luis showed up with food & smiles, her tail was wagging and she was in a much better mood.)







 Two good friends.  These two shared the mountain together and share a love of the sheep~

 "Happiness...not in another place but this place, not for another hour but this hour."    -Walt Whitman 

May you enjoy your mornings ~ just dress warm & bring your camera ~

Grace & Peace,
jj
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...