Monday, August 9, 2010

ready for verbs~
















It has been a thrill to be a part of Kelly's lovely group of creative girls this week.  I am so happy to have met her (online), and to have met others that have emailed and stopped by here, or on my flicker.  Thank you~

At 40, I am finally learning to live my life with open & unclenched hands.  I think part of creative growth is in keeping those hands/hearts open?  I want to live my life with a "Yes" on my lips and "adventure" scribbled on the top of my daily list.  Sound fun?

Too much time is wasted in this life by being so damn practical?  (my Monday morning rant...sorry!)
















{Photo taken by my shooting buddy~ Mitz.  I have serious-fun in my work!}

I am a photojournalist.  I have been all my life.
I love the way it is stated in this definition:
A journalist tells stories.  A photographer takes pictures of nouns (people, places, and things).  A photojournalist takes the best of both and locks it into the most powerful medium available - frozen images... 
                                  ...Photojournalists capture "verbs."                    -Mark M. Hancock
~~~~~~~
So, I am working on my Monday "verbs" this morning.  Like every morning I have a bit of a warm up, you too?

I first get outside. Today it was so chilly, it gave me a chattering smile.  I have been so hot this summer.  

I write my lists. I have to - too many details to keep inside my little head. I have a Monday list for my boys (four sons getting ready for four different schools) and a Monday list for me.  I also have a wildly-brave-creative list with loads of smiley faces on it.


































I am my own boss so I give myself creative assignments and a focus on something new to learn.  Today it is organizing photos for two portfolios.  I think I like smug-mug, any other recommendations?

If you haven't before, take a minute to document your Mondays, your daily practical lists, or your wildly-brave-creative ideas.  Do it today.  You will love looking back on your crazy life later~

Today's adventures are here...
be ready!

jj
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...