Friday, July 16, 2010

seeing brand new...























This is one of the darling triplets born this week (this pic is taken within hours of birth)...she is looking out at the barnyard and seeing life brand-new.  

There is such a big lovely world out there!
* * * 
I decided a few years ago with God's divine intervention, that after years of deep personal loss & then debilitating sickness,  that I would spend the rest of my life...actually living my life.

I would lean on God's big arms and really jump in and do the thing.  With a new heart and mind fixed on what  immediate blessings I had in front of me, God then opened my eyes wider to what beauty he continually displays around me. I saw life anew (like the little lamb) and... It is a big lovely world out there!

But the daily thing happens ~ I think many of us, and certainly me included, get into the steady stream of what life is currently up to and we go straight into auto-pilot.  We stop seeing/living/tasting life and go days without really raising our heads.

I don't want to live that way.  I want to live like that little lamb, in awe and wonder.  I want to take back the wheel, take away the to-do list, and just sit and peek out at the world.  I want to remember all the beauty that my eyes have seen this week~

























Without human help, the sweet mum of triplets is doing very well on her own.  God watches over the sparrows...and the lambs...they are so sweet.

My little rescued lamb died this week, my heart is quite tender about my experiences with the lambs this week ~























* * *
Other big beauties have come to visit this week, too.  Six gorgeous bucks found their way to the yard across the street,  and to the stonehouse lawn in the evening.  Cars stopped, people came out on the streets to see, and grown men stood in awe of these wild things.  What a gift.

* * * 
Right down the street there is a lovely home for sale, the owners were here from Texas and I happily took pictures for as long as I wanted.  A gorgeous evening and a beautiful yard.



































































We keep memories of our first homes in our hearts forever, don't we?

It is where we first came to see the world and where we first learned to live in the world.





















A little hornet builds a new home in the the laundry line. Do baby hornets look out and see their new green world, too?


In this beautiful world, where our Jehovah Jireh, "God our provider" lavishes us with so many yummy things...right off the trees.  The cherries are almost ready for picking.

* * * 


There is good, so much good in the daily-ness of life...the simple, the quiet, the real.

Can you see/feel/taste the gifts in front of you today?  Go look.  There is such a big lovely world out there!

"Normal day, let me be aware of the treasure that you are.  Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart.  Let me not pass you by in quest of some rare and perfect tomorrow.  Let me hold you while I may, for it may not always be so.  One day I shall dig my nails into the earth, or bury my face in the pillow, or stretch my self taut, or raise my hands to the sky and want, more than all the world, your return. "                               -Mary Jean Iron
* * * 

In Grace & Peace,
jj
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...