Saturday, August 22, 2009

Good words...






Looking through pics of summer, when the boys are *full of it* and I am so happy. Mmm...

~ ~ ~
“He himself will restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you” (1Peter 5)

I am loving these words from 1 Peter. They are working good things in me. I have renewed hope and I am holding firmly to each word believing it's promise. God is the provider of all things and for me today it is restored joy. Yes.

I find that if I am struggling to figure out the next step in my life, there is something so simple to try. I have learned to just speak God's words over myself. It may seem super simplistic, its okay. God isn't complicated when it comes to our hearts and our trusting Him.

His Words are full of energy, they are dynamic and organic...not just black and white scribbles on a page. I speak them outloud, I write them out on paper - or on my hand, I tape them to my fridge/window/steering wheel, I let them make a mess of my thinking and wrestle with them in the dark.

They are meant to be used, they are meant for our use, and they will powerfully heal things in our lives if we let them.

They are mine and yours to have... We shouldn't read our God's words lightly (or believe the Bible's words can't be trusted - who would teach us that? God or Satan?). Let's take off the white gloves of careful pondering and really dig in with both hands, with our fingernails, with eagerness and see what God will do.

This is typically how it happens in my life:

He gives me a fresh word...
I wrestle and wrestle
I pray and really want to understand
I dig and dig
I make a real mess - believing that something will soon happen
&
God shows up BIG and blows me away (and it's usually not what I expected)
I am completely overwhelmed with His mercy and love

then, He gives me more...

If you haven't tried it, go for it. Today is the day.

God's Words...they are like good dirt - making real things grow, they are like air - helping new life to breathe, they are like a stiff kick in the pants - forcing real change and weak/timid knees to straighten up and walk.

What is God using in your life right now? Nouns, verbs, adjectives...
~ ~ ~

Love in Jesus,
jj
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...